First, you must adjust the pH level of the soil. Up to 7.5 pH (is not possible to achieve this at home) is the optimal range. The soil needs to be on an even keel to allow for the effective seeding of grass seed.
Next, you must watch your area for weeds. If it seems like odds are good you may have to spray weed killer in your lawn before seeding. However, realize that the actual grass seed does not harm the environment and that this is good for seeding an entire yard.
After prepping your area, mow the lawn. You want to ensure the grass is not too long. Then make sure there aren’t any bare spots in the lawn – seed will get embedded in those spots. Remove any debris from the lawn by raking it or using your lawn cars.
Now it is time to set up for seeding. It is crucial that you abide by each step as it is outlined here.
- Pick a few start spades of grass
- Choose brands you like
- Permit your lawn equipment to stay on the driveway
- Work closely to ensure grass predicted to be about 5 cm high. Remember you can always overseed if there is too much that did not get planted.
- Mow 5 – 10cm short for each mowing
- Using the 2- roller combine grub/larger sized small grass sizes together
- jer the wealthiest grass before scooping out loose particles
- Spread grass seed as you go over the lawn
- Keep a close eye on grass until full germination occurs
- Run irrigation around the perimeter as soon as the grass has fully germinated
- To receive the best results, cut the lawn once the grass reaches about 5cm high, seeding grass each time. Keep an eye on the lasted germination of your seed. It can take up to two weeks for the grass to fully germinate following seed irrigation.
- To ensure you’ve received the best results from your seeding program, test your lawn on a monthly basis throughout the first year. Since seeding starts outside and then travels into other planting areas, the lawn test should be done at the beginning of the second season. This is important, because if elongated grass covers you cannot see where it is growing.
- Do not use herbicides containing 2.4-D or 2-Butyl-DAccess since they will kill all grass during the first two weeks.
- Proper garden tools will ensure the grass will not be damaged by walking.
- To determine grass type, use a write up in the local nursery. In the meantime, look at the condition of the lawn regularly.
Most importantly, take note of how it looks when finished. Once the grass is fully germinated, no changes in the soil profile are needed. Seeding grasses starts playing an important part in your organic lawn care plan.
If you don’t have time to do all the seeding and planting then you can look for the help of others. If you want your garden to a work of art then you just need to avail yourself of the service of the best landscaper. Not only that you will have a beautiful garden or landscape but you will enjoy the luxury of your time.